Friday, May 21, 2010

Server Configuration

Hi friends, as I was quite busy with work, I had no time to update ma blog. The issue was all about configuring a new server for our applications. Ah! It made me stay day and night at my desk. Since the applications are hosted over the internet, the server is heavily loaded and the applications are turning off now and then. As a result, 2 of the 14 applications are down everyday. So my manager thought of going in for a new dedicated server for some 5 major applications. The IIS configuration took a hell lot of my time. Similarly, installed VS 2008 (i.e) the .net team suite and then with the SQL server 2005. During the process, the credentials were wrongly given and we as a team did the SQL installation again. Work apart, enjoyed the days with team mates and felt like night shifts will do good than working on day shifts. So what's up with you guys? What's going on around? post me with updates. To be candid, I gained more knowledge on servers and other related stuffs. Though it was vellicating, it was good to work as a team thereby doing all the crazy pranks possible. Enjoyed a lot. Thanks a lot team. Oh God, server should work fine with no issues. Hoping for the best.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Flipkart.com

  Flipkart, founded by the Bansals in 2007 is now being headed by Kalyan Krishnamurthy since 2016. A Billion dollar firm with more than 70 m...